Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthday festivities!

We had a blast celebrating Logan's 1st birthday. We were fortunate enough to have both Josh's and my parents here to celebrate with us!

We started the day out by going in together to get Logan up for the morning. We brought balloons and sang him Happy Birthday. He was really surprised, and as always was very cheerful and gave us lots of big hugs! Then we went down to make blue pancakes- which Logan (and I) devoured. (Side note: I didn't have much of an appetite while I was pregnant- nothing ever sounded good- but man, now that I'm not preggo everything in the world sounds divine and I'm having a really hard time having any amount of self-control.) He loved all the decorations. We spent the night before blowing up balloons, hanging them all over the place, along with some helium balloons, a birthday banner and his presents. He enjoyed trying to eat the balloons that were on the floor.










At night, we got together with our parents, and my brothers TJ, Travis, Brad and his wife, Molly. Most of us went to eat at Chipotle (nice kid choice, eh?) and then we headed back to the house so that Logan could open his presents and we could eat some cake (which I wish I could claim that I made but I didn't) and ice cream.
Logan had no idea what to do with the presents, so it turned in to me opening them in front of everyone. He got spoiled by everyone and has thoroughly enjoyed his gifts for the past few days.
He was really cheerful all day, and like I posted earlier, I was a bit emotional that my little boy is growing up so fast. He is such a sweet boy and I am so grateful he is mine.

No comments: