Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 down. 2 to go!

I thought it was probably about time that I posted a little something about how my weight loss regime is going. I was hoping to have done this more frequently, but we have been busy- Josh ran a half marathon in NY (and did AMAZING), the kids and I went to K.Falls, my brother was here, my parents came here, and then we all got a nasty case of the stomach flu...hence my lack of blogging.

However, I am thankful that I can actually report some good news. I'm not very good at having self-control or sticking to something, but keeping track of my calories has been a miracle worker for me (that and good old fashioned prayer!). I have lost 2 lbs., which is right on track for my 4 lbs. in 4 weeks. I've been finding more creative things to eat that help me feel more full, and I've been able to work out really hard too. The greatest part of success for me though has been in my confidence boost. I feel one million times better about myself. Josh and I were talking just the other day about how much less I complain about my body, and how much more positive I seem/feel. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Even if it is only 2 lbs lost, I feel like it is more than that. All of that keeps me motivated to keep making good choices....even when I want 12 really big fat yummy soft chocolate chip cookies (...like right now!).

1 comment:

Hannah said...

way to go jena! isn't it crazy how just 2 lbs, can make such a difference. keep up the good work! ;)