Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Baby time, moving, and other...

I have very little time here but I wanted to do a quick update on the blog before things get wildly out of control.

First off, I am being induced on Friday! Hip hip hooray. I can hardly stand the wait and am incredibly anxious to meet out little girl. I will be 39 weeks exactly, and I'm doing it early because, a) I desperately want to and b) because we are moving in less than 3 weeks and I want to have as much time to recover before that happens.

Secondly, like I just mentioned- we are moving! We are headed to Denver, Colorado. Josh accepted a job with a consulting firm called Booz Allen. We are incredibly excited about and grateful for this job. It has nothing to do with hospital administration, which is funny because that's what Josh has planned on doing the past few years while in school, but it is everything that he has loved about his jobs working at hospitals...and then none of the bad stuff!
We are excited to be in Colorado and to see what adventures await us there. However, we are really sad to be leaving our family here in Utah...especially so suddenly. We will be moving about 2 weeks after I have our little girl. Yikes! Good news is that they are hiring a moving company to do all the work for us. Miracle of miracles.

Here is a little of what we've been up to:
Poor Shaffer catches every sickness that comes his way. No matter what it is he seems to catch it, and he has already had his fair share this winter. He is sick right now...this photo was actually from today. He fell asleep in Josh's arms at 5:00. Let me just point out that this is SHOCKING. He NEVER lays with us (unless early in the morning), never sits still, and certainly never falls asleep at 5:00. We know for sure he isn't feeling well.
Logan and Shaffer are big into basketball right now. We have a little hoop that we've kept out in our living room for the past few weeks and they will shoot for hours a day. They are actually really quite good and make a good chunk of their baskets.
I think their fascination has something to do with the fact that we have recently gone to a couple of their cousins basketball games.
Poor Shaffer went chasing after a ball and ate it pretty badly on the cement. He cried for 30 seconds and then was off and kicking the "soccie ball" again.
A couple of weekends ago Josh's parents came and picked Logan up for a special outing. They took him to watch his cousins play basketball while Josh did homework and I stayed at home to let Shaffer nap.
He was very excited about going out with Nana and grandpa. I packed him a lunch and boy did he ever look and feel like a big boy.
This image of seeing him leaving with a sack lunch made my heart skip a few beats. It made me realize that soon enough my little boy will actually be going off to school. You better believe I am soaking up every second I have with these kids. I am so grateful to be their mom and to be with them 24/7.
We have an amazing little playground right across the street from us. They just barely put this pirate ship up and my boys love it. Fortunately we've had a couple warmer days where we've been able to go out and burn some energy and get some fresh air. We really miss being outside so much.


Logan has the best smile. He gives us these cheeser smiles every time we ask to take his picture. I love it!
Shaffer is getting so big now. He is generally pretty happy & always active.
The boys got to play out in the leaves a couple of weeks ago. Believe it or not this was in January...I STILL haven't raked all the leaves and thrown them away. That might be a good thing to do.
The boys love to play in them...even though they are wet, nasty and made a huge mess. =)


Shaffer has become a huge daddy's boy lately. Whenever Josh is home Shaffer is on his heels the whole time. And let me just say that Josh is seriously the best dad in the world! From the second he gets home, till the boys have to go to bed he is roughhousing with the boys. They have all sorts of games that they make up and play. No wonder Shaffer wants to be with him constantly. How could you not?

That's all I have time for now...but I will be sure to post pictures as soon as I can after having baby girl! I am so excited to meet her and yet so unprepared all at the same time. I can't believe that I am really going to have another baby in (hopefully) less than 48 hours! I better start cleaning, organizing, packing and getting ready. =)

2 comments:

jamie t. said...

Good luck on Friday. Can't wait to meet her either. Also, good luck with the move!

The Red Crew said...

Congratulations!!! What a huge couple of weeks for your family! You are definitely super woman to do all this in such a short span of time. I am actually really sad you guys are leaving right when we got here :( but I am so happy for an exciting future for you and your beautiful family. Can't wait to see some pics!