Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pregnancy Update

At 12 (nearly 13)weeks:

-My nausea is dying down although not completely gone

-I am not as tired as before, but notice that activities make me tired faster

-I want to eat everything. Everything tastes so good to me. This is different than my last two babies. The entire pregnancy everything tasted either bad or just okay, but this time I find myself going crazy over things like toast and eggs, cheese hot dogs (I could literally eat 6 of these in one sitting...they are SOOOO delectable...which I know is really bad and really gross but it's how I feel), chocolate, peaches, etc....I have a hard time stopping myself from eating too much. I just don't feel full. I nearly ate a WHOLE Cafe Rio burrito today. I actually could have eaten it easily had I not FORCED myself to stop....and then I went home and ate some cookies. Great, I know. This new love for food is both a curse and a blessing. I am grateful to be able to eat food and for it to sound good...but maybe not SO much.

-My stomach is already starting to look like I have a pooch. This is normal for me, and I think it's right around the same as with the other two. However, because I have been eating so darn much I am struggling to feel happy about it and therefore need to work on having more confidence AND more self control.

-I easily forget that I am pregnant. Even with the nausea as a constant reminder I have developed a new sense of normalcy and therefore forget that I have a growing baby inside of me (..and that I shouldn't eat things like hot dogs and cookies).


* I am still debating on whether or not to find out what we are having early. Knowing me I will say 20 weeks and then when it comes down to it I will schedule it for 17 weeks, because if I can know why not? I am so extremely impatient.

1 comment:

The Bell Family said...

Jena that is so exciting about baby number 3! Glad that you are starting to feel better. Can't wait to hear what you are having!